Tuesday 6 March 2018

Review: Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs

Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega #5) by Patricia Briggs
Publication date: March 6th 2018
Publisher: Ace
My rating: 5 Stars
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | TBD | Kobo

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33199875-the-good-daughter

Mated werewolves Charles Cornick and Anna Latham face a threat like no other--one that lurks too close to home...

They are the wild and the broken. The werewolves too damaged to live safely among their own kind. For their own good, they have been exiled to the outskirts of Aspen Creek, Montana. Close enough to the Marrok's pack to have its support; far enough away to not cause any harm.

With their Alpha out of the country, Charles and Anna are on call when an SOS comes in from the fae mate of one such wildling. Heading into the mountainous wilderness, they interrupt the abduction of the wolf--but can't stop blood from being shed. Now Charles and Anna must use their skills--his as enforcer, hers as peacemaker--to track down the attackers, reopening a painful chapter in the past that springs from the darkest magic of the witchborn...


My Thoughts:
Charles and Anna are holding down the fort in Aspen Creek, while Bran, the Marrok is off on vacation. The story takes off quickly when one of the “wildling’s” (old wolves that are no longer safe to associate around Pack on a regular basis) mate calls for help. Anna and Charles go to investigate and find a lot more than they bargained for.  There’s a lethal threat, assisted by a traitor in the Pack, and Anna and Charles must figure out if the traitor is one of the “wildlings”, or a closer Pack member.  Either way, they must warn all the “wildlings” of the danger, and so begins the thrill ride!

Got some surprising insight on Bran (never suspected that!), and his abilities, which clarified something he was able to pull off in Silence Fallen (the previous book in the Mercy Thompson series).  Anna’s abilities as an Omega wolf get more awesome as the series progresses. Especially as she investigates and understands her power more. 

As usual, Charles and Anna face the conflicts and danger as a united front, lending power or support to each other whenever needed. Theirs is a mature romance, without unnecessary drama, or petty jealousies. There’s plenty of love and passion between the two of them, when they’re not battling for their lives, that is!

A big betrayal, Pack dynamics, Asil and Sage, and a slightly different view of Leah all factor in, as well, in this exciting installment of the Alpha & Omega series. There’s never all dull moment, even when the action is a bit on hold, because trying to discover the culprit behind the attacks kept me guessing!  Alpha & Omega continues to be one of my all-time favorite urban fantasy series’, so of course I gobbled Burn Bright up!  Even though the mystery wraps up here, I’m already eagerly anticipating the next book!






Connect with Patricia Briggs:





12 comments:

Nick said...

Everyone has been raving about this series, and I need to read it already! So glad to hear this one delivered, Rachel! I have to meet Anna and Charles - they sound like a great duo!

Kindlemom said...

So glad you liked this! It really is a fun series, really both of her's are. Great review!

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I am so excited for this one. I am waiting for the audiobook copy even though I have a print copy.

Greg said...

It's always refreshing to read about a mature romance, without all the drama or manufactured angst. And the way she interweaves the two series, exploring abilities that showed up ion a previous Mercy book, is kinda cool. The wildlings concept is neat too. I need to read these I think!

Rachel said...

I hope you pick this up, Greg, but I'd start with a few of the Mercy books first and then go back and forth between the series'. I can't wait to hear what you think! :)

Rachel said...

I want to buy the audio as well. Love this series in audio book form!

Sophia Rose said...

I'm picking it up to read now. :) Enjoyed your thoughts, Rachel!

Karen said...

I'm so far behind on this series but I love Charles and Anna.

Karen @ For What It's Worth

Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks said...

Wow, that cover is amazing :)

Sophia Rose said...

Okay, read it, and wow, yes, all those things you noticed were a hit with me, too. The Leah part was most captivating and a surprise.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

It was such a good installment. Her descriptive writing brought the things Anna did to life :)

Carina Olsen said...

Lovely review Rachel :D I'm glad you liked this book a bunch. Not for me just yet, aw, but THAT COVER :D I love it oh so much. It's awesome. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...